Military Bowling Championships
News Update - 2018 MBC Entry Forms will be out in early June!!!
The 2017 Military Bowling Championships were recently completed at Gold Coast & Orleans Bowling Centers in Las Vegas. It was the largest event in it's 60 year long history registering 284 6-person teams. 1,704 players bowled team, singles & doubles events in divisions: Active Duty/Vets, Retired or Senior Retired.
The 61st annual tournament will be held at the Gold Coast and The Orleans, Casino & Bowling Centers for the 12th consecutive year on January 14 - 19, 2018. The tournament brings together military bowlers from worldwide assignments to participate in outstanding competition in 3 divisions - active duty/veterans, retired and senior retired. The MBC is primarily a team event with teams comprised of 6 players. Individuals can only bowl on one team. Team, Doubles and Singles are 4-game scratch events.
- Entry Form
- Coming Soon
- Location, Date and Cost
Active Duty/Vets Retired & Senior Retired
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103
4000 W. Flamingo Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89103
- Gold Coast: January 14 - 19, 2018
- Orleans: January 15 - 18, 2018
- Tournament only - $160
- Tournament Side Pots for 3 events - $12
- Active Duty/Vets Squad Times
Active Duty/Vets Division
- Retired Squad Times
Retired Division bowled at
- Senior Retired Squad Times
Senior Retired Division bowled
- Dress Code
Without a doubt, requests for an official dress code have
increased over the years.
The tournament committee agrees that a “casual but respectable” appearance should be expected from each contestant while bowling. The Dress Code will not be implemented with the mission of making any contestant uncomfortable but all players must, in the view of the tournament committee appear presentable to their peers, the many guests and sponsors.
The tournament committee and event sponsors recommend long pants and customary bowling shirts, however shorts, hats and t-shirts will still be acceptable attire but must be in good condition and not considered offensive to other players or their guests.
Eligibility for the Military Bowling Championships:
Active/Vets DivisionBased on the following rules, the 6-player teams may be comprised of any combination of:
- NEW - Any 2 teammates can double together
- Active Duty, Veterans, Retired, Guard, Reserve or DOD retired or active. Any 2 teammates can bowl doubles together.
- PBA National Tour Champs and Exempt players are not eligible. Only 1 PBA member and 1 High Roller champ per team – or 2 High Roller champs per team.
- All players must present their USBC sanction card
- Players must present proof of military
status. The following is accepted and other
forms of ID can be requested:
- Active Duty ID
- Honorable Discharge Certificate
- Active Duty Reserve ID card
- VA Disability ID card
To obtain ID:
- Government Archives
- National Personnel Records Center, 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
Retired & Senior Retired Divisions
- Retired, from any U.S. branch of Armed Forces including the Guard or Reserve, or a Retired Department Of Defense (DOD) civilian
- Players from any of the above categories may bowl in any Team Division that they fit by their personal status. Example: Retired DOD may bowl in Retired Division or Senior Divison if eligible by age
- Before competition begins, each player must produce their Military ID or DOD ID and their USBC sanction card
- Players without a sanction card may purchase an “Unattached” sanction card on site
- Retired players that presented their Military or DOD ID cards since 2005 do not need to present them again as they are already on file
- Tournament Rules
- PLAYING RULES - Rules of the Military Bowling Championships. (MBC) stated herein, and those of the USBC will govern all participants. The High Roller (HR) manager will have the right to resolve all questions and disputes. All decisions shall be final unless an appeal is made in accordance with Rule 329.
- GENERAL - The MBC is primarily a team event with teams comprised of 6 players. Individuals can only be on one team. Team, Doubles and Singles are 4-game events.
- COMPETITION - All events are scratch. Competition is in 3 Divisions: Active/Vets, Retired or Senior Retired. If a team has at least 1 Active Duty or Vet who is not retired, that team will bowl in the Active Duty division. If a team is comprised of Retired and Senior Retired members, that team will bowl in the Retired division. To bowl in the Senior Retired division, all team members must be at least 60 years old by January 19, 2015, and be retired. HR manager must approve any roster changes prior to bowling. In Team, Singles & Doubles, each participant may enter only once
- SUBSTITUTIONS - Once competition has begun, subs are allowed providing the sub is not on another team. A player who is replaced may not bowl in any other events except the Mixed Doubles. Players can only compete in one division.
- ALL-EVENTS - Purses are determined by adding scores from Team, Singles & Doubles separately by each division.
- PRIZES - Any unclaimed prizes will be mailed within 10 days of tournament end. Prizes earned will be paid with High Roller check. Of the $160 entry fee, $30 is lineage, $10 is for tournament expense, approximately $18 is for operational expense and approximately $102 is prize money returned 100%. Prizes include trophies, plaques, pennants and other awards and displays.
- TOURNAMENT CONDUCT - The HR manager shall have the right to reassign participants, if for any reason, the MBC cannot be completed on all or some of the lanes, or on the dates drawn in any round. If by fire, war, weather conditions, gas shortage, water damage, labor unrest, terrorism acts or threats, mechanical malfunctions, acts of God, etc., it becomes impossible to conduct the MBC and/or companion events, all unused portions of entry fees shall be returned.
- IRS REPORTING - It is the tournament's legal obligation to report an individual's earnings (not profit) of $600 and over, including Brackets and Sidepots. 1099 forms will be issued to those players along with an accounting of their tournament expenses.
- USBC CERTIFIED - Players not a member of USBC must purchase a USBC Associate Membership card on site prior to bowling.
- REFUNDS - All entry fees can be refunded 100% with notice to the HR manager of at least 24 hours before bowling starts. Hotel fees can be refunded with 48 hours notice of scheduled check-in date. Once competition begins, refunds are at the discretion of the HR manager. Once a player has competed in any event, including Sweepers, they may not receive a refund for Team, Singles or Doubles unless replaced.
- EVENT STATUS - Regardless of personal status or age, each player bowls singles and doubles in the same division that they bowled the team event. Players may bowl in the Sunday Sweeper by personal status instead of their team's division but only in the same center that they bowl their Team event.
- CLOSING DATE - Closing date to enter is January 18, 2016, or upon full field.
More Tournament Information
- Storm Bowling Balls Special
- Coming Soon!
- Team Count and Oil Pattern
Retired/Senior Retired Oil Pattern
Active Duty/Vets Oil Pattern
- Sunday Kick-off Sweepers
- Dates and Times Coming Soon!
- Mixed Doubles Tournament
Dates and Times Coming Soon!
- Additional Optional Sweepers
Dates and Times Coming Soon!
- Hotel Costs